Core Changes in 3.3.1:
- Updated company and product logos. (For the 3.3.1 release the screenshots in the manual were not updated.)
- Updated DiffMerge build to use wxWidgets version 2.8.12.
- Fixed the Find and GoTo Dialogs to put initial focus in the search field.
- Added instructions for using DiffMerge as an external diff/merge tool with Mercurial.
Changes in 3.3.1 for Linux:
- On Linux, we now have both 32-bit and 64-bit builds for both Fedora and Ubuntu. (Item:15100, Item:15300) You should now be able to use the appropriate per-architecture DEB or RPM and not have to force install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine.
- Updated RPM and DEB installers to add DiffMerge to the Start Menu on both types of systems.
Changes in 3.3.1 for Windows:
- On Windows, we now have 32-bit and 64-bit builds. These are distributed in new per-architecture MSIs. In the past we had 1 installer that installed the 32-bit EXE and either the 32- or 64-bit Explorer extension DLL. Now we have per-architecture MSI installers and greatly simplified the setup. The new 32-bit MSI can only be installed on a 32-bit system. The new 64-bit MSI can only be installed on a 64-bit system.
- Created unique GUIDs for the 32- and 64-bit Explorer extension DLLs so that both may be installed at the same time on a 64-bit system. The 64-bit MSI was updated to install BOTH versions of the DLL so that it available to both the 64-bit Windows Explorer and any 32-bit Explorer-like applications. (Item:15288)
- We now use WiX to generate the Windows MSI installers.
- The core DiffMerge components are now built into a Merge Module MSM package that is simply included by the published stand-alone DiffMerge MSI installer. While this alone is not a user-visible change, it does change how the core DiffMerge components are installed on the system so that they can be shared by other SourceGear products. These are now installed in Program Files/SourceGear/Common/DiffMerge rather than Program Files/SourceGear/DiffMerge. In the past, Vault installed a private copy of the DiffMerge executable in the Vault installation directory. Future versions of Vault will be able to use the shared version. And by sharing the core DiffMerge components, it also means that they will be updated whenever any of the products are updated.
- The stand-alone DiffMerge MSI installer was changed to be a thin wrapper around the core/common DiffMerge components (in the MSM). Since the MSI is a publicly visible package with a published version number, that version number will appear in the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel under the entry for DiffMerge. But you may have more recent shared components on the system if another, more recent SourceGear product is also installed. You can always refer to the DiffMerge About Box to determine if you have newer shared components installed.
- The name of the DiffMerge EXE was changed to "sgdm.exe". In the past the name of EXE was either "DiffMerge.exe", "sgdm.exe", or "sgdm3.exe" depending upon whether it was distributed in the stand-alone package or bundled with another product. With the change to a shared component strategy, it was changed to "sgdm.exe". This also avoids a collision with a program named "diffmerge.exe" that is distributed as part of Visual Studio.
- The new MSI installer always does a per-machine install. It always installs the Windows Explorer extension DLL. And it adds "Program Files/SourceGear/Common/DiffMerge" to the system PATH environment variable.
- The various InstallPath keys in the Registry were moved to likewise be common/shared. See [HKLM]/SOFTWARE/SourceGear/Common/DiffMerge/Installer. And in particular: [HKLM]/SOFTWARE/SourceGear/Common/DiffMerge/Installer/Location.
- Bug Fix: GDI Handle leak in Explorer extension. (Item:15907)
Changes in 3.3.1 for OS X:
- Bug Fix: Font Dialog appear and immediate disappear problem on OS X 10.6. (Item:15271) This was a problem in wxWidgets and resolved by the upgrade to 2.8.12.
- Placed a copy of the diffmerge.sh shell script inside the .APP so that programs (such as Veracity) can use it even if you don't install the script in /usr/bin.
- There is NO 64-bit version of DiffMerge for the Mac because wxWidgets does not support 64-bit (as of 2.8.12 at least).
- The Mac version now ships in PKG package in addition to DMG format.